Supporting to develop healthier, happier and physically literate children who can excel in the classroom as well as on the sports field.
Northampton Town FC Community Trust run a number of initiatives to support local primary schools across the county, our key aims are to:
- Improve pupil attainment, attendance and behaviour
- Enhance pupils understanding of a healthy lifestyle
- Raise aspirations and increase pupil confidence, self esteem & emotional wellbeing
- Support teachers to increase their confidence in delivering PE
- Develop pupils physical literacy levels ensuring they have the necessary skills to play any sport (not just football!)
In order to do this, we have a range of core schools programmes that we deliver across Northamptonshire:
All sessions are delivered by our Northampton Town FC Community Trust coaches. They are selected based on standards of their coaching skills, personality and integrity and receive ongoing training, support and assessments to quality assure our work. Their on-going development through training and research is a commitment we make, and this enables them to understand the difference between coaching in a community to teaching in a school environment. Our ongoing staff assessments ensure we can provide the relevant coach to meet the specific aims and objectives you set for your school. All our lead coaches are certified to the following standards:
- A National Governing Body (NGB) qualification to Level 2 standards or higher in one sport or more.
- Level 3 Certificate in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport (AfPE Qualification)
- Up to date Child Protection training
- Valid Basic First Aid for Sport Certificate
- An Enhanced Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) Check
If you would like to get your school involved in our programmes or would like more information, please contact Lucan Burge, Lead Schools Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07896 299377.
What We've Achieved
- We deliver over 50 weekly sessions in schools across Northamptonshire
- Over 1000 pupils engaged in our innovative three clubs coaching and coding project in 2017-18
- 15 teachers supported to improve their confidence in delivering PE in 2017-18
- 95 after school clubs delivered in 2016-17
- We've supported over 100 pupils to increase their confidence and behaviour within the classroom